Saturday 8 April 2017

Healthy Chocolate Pancakes?!




Hello again! So I know its been a while buuuut guess what.. school is finished! I am done! Ahhh thank goodness guys, I just don't know if I could have done another year of school! In the spirit of school finishing and the end of what has been a year of emotional eating, I thought I best go on a bit of a health kick because summer is coming and I cannot hid behind jeans and jumpers anymore! So I have pulled out the fitbit and went on a bit of a adventure in the book section at David Jones and found some recipe books that could give me inspiration and I stumbled across this one called The Good Life by Sally  Obermeder and Maha Koraiem 

These pancakes are so delicious guys!! Honestly, I was a little skeptical about them to be honest but I feel ashamed because they taste like nutella in the form of a pancake and who wouldn't want that!!  Best part is they are only 110 calories per pancake!! 





Ingredients
3 eggs 
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder (I used cacao powder and it was really yummy and less calories!) 
Stevia (this is listed as optional so I didnt use it, they were rich enough already!)
1 banana (very ripe)
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil 
2 teaspoons butter (for frying- I only used 1)
40 grams frozen raspberries (toppings)
2 tablespoon shredded coconut (toppings)

Method

Add cocoa powder (or cacao) and stevia (if using) to the eggs and whisk to combine.
In a blender, put the banana and the egg mixture and process to combine.
Add coconut oil and process again to combine.
Transfer from the blender to a bowl.

Heat a lightly greased frying pan over low heat.
Put approx 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, cooking for a few minutes or until bubbles begin to form on the top.
Check the pancake is golden underneath before flipping it over and cooking for a further couple of minutes.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Top with raspberries and shredded coconut! 

The great thing about this recipe book is that it gives you options for Fast recipes, Lean and 'Fab' (some more indulgent options). It also gives you the calorie count for every recipe which I found particularly helpful.  

Enjoy!! 

Love from C x



No comments:

Post a Comment